July and August are going to be exciting months with two 2-week trips to FEMA’s EMI (Emergency Management Institute) in Emmitsburg, Maryland. So, how does July look, as of right now?
- First week (short week): Wrapping up my first draft of the AAR/IP (After Action Report / Improvement Plan) for Franklin County Emergency Management / Homeland Security’s CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) exercise from June.
- Second week (week of 04 July): Spending time with my writing group: Bexley Fiction Writers on Thursday. Saturday will be my Ohio Hunter’s Education test for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife‘s “Learn to Hunt” program, and the 3rd Range Day shooting Trap and Five-Stand. And Sunday will see me shipping out to Emmitsburg.
- Third week: All week at FEMA’s EMI for the first 2-week section of the EMPP (Emergency Management Professional Program) Basic Academy.
- Fourth week: All week at FEMA’s EMI to wrap up the first 2-week section of the EMPP Basic Academy. Traveling home on Saturday. Fourth Range Day shooting Trap and Five-Stand on Sunday.
- Fifth week: There’s some programs throughout the week at MetroParks that I will attend, but honestly, I’m going to be using up a lot of time preparing to head on the road again in the 2nd week of August. Job searching, networking, online courses, and potentially assisting with creating a TTX (Table Top Exercise) will be the order of the week.