The following is a list of organizations I have been involved with, my roles with each, and links for each.
- The John Glenn College of Public Affairs at The Ohio State University ~ Graduated in 2010 with a Master of Public Administration degree.
- The College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Psychology at The Ohio State University ~ Graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor or Arts with Research Distinction in Psychology degree.
- Franklin County Emergency Management and Homeland Security (Ohio) ~ I have served as a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) volunteer since 2008 and as a course instructor since early 2015.
- COPIN (Central Ohio Public Information Network) ~ I am a Response Team Member for this network of PIOs (Public Information Officers) eligible to be deployed to assist local agencies in the event of a major event or disaster.
- The Ohio Emergency Management Agency in Ohio Department of Public Safety ~ OEMA offers training through an array of providers in emergency management / preparedness / mitigation / response / recovery.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency – Emergency Management Institute and Independent Study Program ~ FEMA offers an extensive list of courses online through the Independent Study Program as well as resident courses at the Emmitsburg, Maryland Emergency Management Institute campus.
- The New York State Academy of Fire Science under the Office of Fire Prevention and Control in the Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Services ~ I was fortunate to receive some high-quality instruction through both the outreach program (courses delivered in the counties) as well as the Academy at both the NYS Frederick L. Warder Academy of Fire Science in Montour Falls as well as the Annex at West Point.
- Columbus and Franklin County MetroParks ~ I serve as a trail and naturalist volunteer at Highbanks MetroPark, Blacklick MetroPark, Clear Creek MetroPark and assist with programs occasionally as a naturalist volunteer at Glacier Ridge MetroPark and Three Creeks MetroPark.
- Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist ~ in 2015, I received my OCVN certification through The Ohio State University Extension. The mission of the OCVN program is to promote awareness and citizen stewardship of Ohio’s environment and natural resources through science-based education and community service.
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, Credible Data Program ~ I am a Level 1 Ohio EPA Qualified Data Collector.
- Toastmasters International ~ for a number of years, I have been associated with this organization which is dedicated to enhancing leadership and public speaking skills. I have served as Vice President – Education (the #2 officer in the club) for Northwest Toastmasters #859.
- Stone Laboratory ~ I attended a week-long intensive course during grad school at The Ohio State University’s island campus and return 1-2x each year to for volunteer work weekends.
- KickBUTT Columbus ~ This is an annual highway ramp clean up event focusing on cigarette butts as litter. I have volunteered multiple times for this event and have fielded a team to sponsor a ramp.